Q: How do I sign up?
A: Registering with Hourglass is easy. Simply submit your CV, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our friendly Consultants on +44 (0) 845 812 0201 and they will talk you through the easy registration process.
Q: What sort of contracts do you offer?
A: Hourglass consultants focus on permanent roles, overseas candidates and leadership. Our client schools also often ask us to fill long-term temporary (from around 6 weeks) and fixed term contracts.
As part of Pertemps Education, we can also help education professionals find day-to-day supply work in teaching, non-teaching and support roles within schools and other education settings.
When you register with us, we may suggest you speak to a Pertemps Education consultant, if they would be best placed to help with your job search.
Q: Do you have permanent vacancies?
A: Absolutely. Our consultants deal with a mixture of long-term temporary (from around 6 weeks), fixed term or permanent contracts. If you are looking for a permanent role or want to discuss the next step in your career, please send your CV to email@example.com or call one of our friendly consultants on +44 (0) 845 812 0201 and they will talk you through the easy registration process.
Q: What sort of teaching roles do you offer?
A: We work with a variety of schools, academies and multi-academy trusts to help them find the teaching staff they require. The majority of our client schools are secondary schools based in London and the south east of England, but we have dealt with primaries, post-16 institutions, and those based further afield.
Q: Where are your schools?
A: The majority of our client schools are in London and the south east of England, but we often work with those based further afield.
Q: What will I be paid?
A: What you earn is dependent on a number of factors and will vary between roles. Your consultant will be transparent about the hourly rate or annual salary on offer for each role. Factors that may affect what you might be paid include:
- Your experience
- The level of the role and whether you will have responsibility
- The location of the role
Q: Do you charge teachers for your service?
A: No. We will never ask teachers to pay for our recruitment advice or other services.
Q: Do I need Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)?
A: Most of our client schools are looking for teachers with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). More information on QTS and eligibility can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/qualified-teacher-status-qts
Q: Do you offer a referral bonus or any additional financial benefits?
A: We offer a generous £250 bonus if you make a referral to us. This will be paid when your referred candidate has worked 25 days through Hourglass.
We welcome all referrals, but are particularly interested in hearing from:
- NQTs looking for their first teaching position
- Teachers looking for their next post
- Teachers keen to relocate
- Experienced teachers seeking leadership and responsibility positions
- School senior managers looking for further promotion
So, if you know of any teachers who are looking for a teaching opportunity, who could benefit from our recruitment services, please recommend them now by sending their CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our friendly consultants on +44 (0) 845 812 0201 and they will talk you through the referral process.
As soon as the referred teacher works 25 days through Hourglass you will be eligible for £250 cash.
Terms and Conditions of referral scheme
- You must seek the permission of the teacher prior to referring them to Hourglass.
- You must provide full contact details as set out above.
- All referrals must be fully qualified to teach in mainstream schools.
- In the instance where a teacher is referred by 2 or more people, the first referral will qualify for the bonus.
- The teacher referred must not already be on our database or currently working through Hourglass.
- You will be eligible for the referral bonus as soon as the referred teacher has completed 25 days in a teaching position arranged by Hourglass.
- In the unlikely event of a disputed fee, Hourglass will conduct a thorough investigation and their decision shall be final.
- If the referred teacher is appointed to a permanent position arranged by Hourglass, payments will be made when the candidate has passed any rebate or probationary period (typically 8-12 weeks).