We are proud of the relationships we build with the education professionals we work with – whether candidates or clients. Our aim is to take a proactive approach in partnership with schools, and a long term view of our candidates’ careers.
Fundamentally, we’re a tight-knit team, committed to doing a good job and enjoying the time we spend at work.
Our relationship with Pertemps means that we offer an abundance of benefits and a great salary. Our employees also benefit from an award-winning incentive scheme and comprehensive training opportunities.
Due to ongoing success, we're looking to grow the team with a permanent education compliance officer to join us in our office on the outskirts of Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Education Compliance Officer
£22,000 - £24,000 p/a
Hourglass is proud to be part of the Pertemps Professional Recruitment Group, a high performing recruitment business with nationwide coverage. We operate at the forefront of education recruitment and are constantly innovating to stay ahead. It’s a fantastic time to join a growing business, that offers real career progression.
At Hourglass, we specialise in recruiting teachers, often from overseas, for permanent roles offered by our client schools. We’re an established team and this role will add capacity and further growth.
As the education compliance officer you will be working to pre-determined timeframes and SLAs, whilst maximising the opportunity to consistently exceed monthly and quarterly targets. This role is a great start to what can lead to a long career in recruitment.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, auditing and updating candidate documentation to ensure adherence with legal/statutory, contractual and best practice requirements.
- Ensuring the registration and recruitment processes are adhered to in line with company standards
- Preparing candidate files for audit and ensuring the relevant evidence is documented in accordance with client guidelines
- Ensuring all candidates cleared for work are compliant with internal recruitment policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and candidates
- Undertaking regular reviews of candidate files to ensure that all appropriate information is maintained and up to date via the tracker and overseeing internal audits
- Providing timely and proactive responses to all compliance enquiries
The ideal candidate
- You will have compliance and/or administration experience, ideally gained within the recruitment sector
- We are looking for someone with high attention to detail and the ability to produce highly accurate work at speed and under pressure
- You will be self-motivated and have the ambition, drive and determination to succeed in a career in recruitment
- You will have strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Written and verbal communication skills are important in this role, and you should be as confident on the phone as you are by email and/or text
- Excellent IT skills, will be required - specifically with MS Excel
- You will be able to prioritise your workload and escalate issues where necessary
Interested? Contact Claire Murphy to find out more.